Tuesday, February 27, 2007

The album that made me want to be a drummer...



My dad used to play this when I was young. Where he worked there was a drum kit and I'd go in and try and play the 'Rhythm of the Heat'. I was probably 5 years old and I suspect my interpretation left a lot to be desired. I also didn't really like loud noises at the time.

It's still one of my top 10 albums. The African inspired percussion extravaganza at the outro of the first track is still awesome. Track 6 (Lay your hands on me) is still one of my favourite drumming outros. "I have the touch" is one of the coolest drum grooves on record. None of these are stereotypical drum grooves, but they are ace.

I highly recommend adding it to your collection. It's cheap as chips on Amazon (UK,US).

No comments:

Post a Comment