Tuesday, February 06, 2007

News Update - Feb '07

What have I been up to lately? Well, I've been spending a lot of time recording and editing video lessons for the lessons page. They seem to have been quite well received so I'm working on more of those. It's unbelievable how long it can take to edit 5 minutes of video. I have a new found appreciation for guys who edit 30 min documentaries.

I've been doing some dep teaching at the Academy of Contemporary Music in Guildford. I'm enjoying the teaching and it's great to meet so many enthusiastic young drummers. That gig is becoming more regular. Hopefully at some point it'll become a more permanent thing. Time will tell.

Gig-wise I have a gig in Rome with the David Cross band coming up, then Pendragon are headlining RoS Fest in Philadelphia on April 28th which should be great fun. I'm thinking of picking up some new hihats while I'm out there.

There are a few other projects in the pipeline including working with the guitarist from the David Cross Band, Paul Clark. "Clarky" has just released a CD entitled "Shredz at an Exhibition" which is his nimble fingered musical take on some famous works of art. A recent review of the CD gave him the first 10/10 they've ever awarded and he's about to be reviewed in Guitarist magazine. Some live gigs with his band should give my double kick playing a bit of a work out.

I submitted one of the articles from my lessons page to Modern Drummer for publication. It should be featured in an up-coming issue. I'm quite excited about that and it's encouraged me to write more. I'll be adding articles to the lessons page as and when I have the time/inspiration to put pen to paper (or fingers to keys).

That's about all for now. Time to practise.....

Cheerio,
Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment