Tuesday, February 27, 2007

David Cross gig in Rome

Last Thursday I flew to Rome with the David Cross Band for a one off gig which is supposedly going to be aired on some Italian TV show and possibly streamed on the internet, though I don't know the details.

It was a great gig. Unfortunately there wasn't time to see anything of Rome apart from the airport and the venue. We flew RyanAir - a first and hopefully a last for me. Sure the tickets are cheap, unless you want to take anything that has any weight then they sting you at 8 quid a kilo. The seats also seem to be designed to stop you from getting any sleep whatsoever.

The whole thing was over in 24 hours. I got an hour and a half kip at a hotel after the gig. I saw a bit of Italy's 'Deal or No Deal' - 'Dealio or No Dealio' (it might not be called that). I think a week of sleeping on friends' floors, living off lion bars and rehearsing in studios with no air took its toll on my immune system and the days after the gig were mainly spent in bed.

Anyway, the gig was fun. There are a few photos here, though as usual I don't feature in them.

Hopefully there'll be more David Cross stuff in the future. I love the music and the guys in the band. Check out the MySpace page for more info on the band (it's not me on drums on the recordings).

Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment