Thursday, June 09, 2011

Want to know what I practice? Come and watch...

(Note: This is now happening at www.joecrabtree.com/tv)
I've been working on a Dennis Chambers lick that I've struggled with
for a long time. I was thinking of doing a YouTube video on it, but
first I had to be able to play it myself. I started going through my
usual steps in trying to learn something. Each was a new exercise
that required some time for me to be able to play it. As I was coming
up with these exercises I was making mental notes of them so I could
include them in the instructional video.

Last night I had a thought. What if I just streamed video of my
practice sessions. Maybe that would be of interest to some of you.
Perhaps I could have a realtime chat window so if you were watching
live you could ask questions. I'm not sure if this is a good idea or
not, but it sounds like it might be fun so I'm going to do it.

I still have some setting up to do, and I'm trying to figure out the
best way to make it all work nicely. When I finally get around to it
(in the next few days) I'll send a tweet out
(www.twitter.com/joecrabtree), and probably announce it on the
Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Joe-Crabtree/154808904561193)
- so I recommend following one of those if you're not already.

Maybe I'll see you in the practice room....
--------------------------------------------
If you enjoy this content please spread the word. You can help by
clicking 'like' on my Facebook page, subscribing to my YouTube
channel, leaving comments, telling your drummer buddies, etc.

I really appreciate your support!
Joe
FaceBook Drum Lessons on YouTube My Blog Subscribe via RSS Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment