Monday, June 13, 2011

Revamped website, blog, Drum TV and more...

I've been working really hard to update the website.  For the last 3 days I've barely moved out of the sitting room chair; laptop burning a hole in my jeans, probably seriously affecting the possibility of there ever being a Joe Crabtree Jr.  I feel like I'm almost done...

So, what's new? 

Facebook Connect
You can now login with Facebook.  It wasn't difficult to create a MasterClass account before, but I know it's a pain having to come up with yet another username and password.  I prefer it when I can log into other websites with my Facebook profile so I figured I should get it working on my site.  So now, creating a MasterClass account is as simple as clicking a button!  Joining the MasterClass (for free) lets you buy MasterClass lessons and software, and allows you to chat to me when I'm broadcasting on Drum TV....

Drum TV
Drum TV is basically me drumming :)  The same set up I use to record the YouTube and MasterClass lessons is now set up to stream live as I work on new ideas.  You can sit and watch as I break down the things I'm working on, coming up with exercises to make them easier to play.  You can see how long it actually takes me to be able to make things sound good.  You can watch me drop sticks and hit rims.  If you want to make it an interactive experience you can ask me questions via the chat window as I practice.  It's basically your chance to get inside my head.

Blog
I've revamped the blog.  It's now easier to subscribe.  If you check out www.joecrabtree.com you'll see a 'Get Updates' section where you can easily get new posts delivered to your inbox, or follow me on any of the social network sites I'm using.

Drum Discussion
I've steered clear of setting up a Forum on the website.  It's too much for me to manage, and there are some really good drum forums out there already.  However, I'd love to get some drum discussion going on at joecrabtree.com.  My solution has been to install a nice commenting system on the blog (if you're viewing in its proper place).  Basically, you can comment on any of these posts and let me know what you think.  I'm putting this content out there for you, so let me know what you like and don't like.  Tell me what direction you want to see the site and the content to go in.  I love your feedback!

That's all for now.  Maybe I'll see you in the practice room soon.

Joe x

No comments:

Post a Comment