Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Playing Drums on Mick McConnel's "My Kinda Heaven"

Cover

Last summer I had the pleasure of recording drums for Mick McConnell's
solo album 'My Kinda Heaven'.
I got the call after Wishbone Ash came back from playing in South
Africa with Deep Purple and Uriah Heep. Trevor Bolder, Uriah Heep's
bass player, is also featured on the album and he recommended me to
Mick.
Mick's regular gig is with Smokie but he's been saving up songs for a
solo album for some time. He was a great guy to work with and some of
his enthusiasm for scuba diving rubbed off on me - I'm currently
working to get my PADI!

Here are the details if you fancy getting yourself a copy:

Mick McConnell / My Kinda Heaven
Release Date: 15th July
Available in shops: Germany, Austria, Switzerland.
UK, Europe, and rest of the world; can buy online @ www.mickmcconnell.com
Digital Download: exclusive to iTunes Worldwide, available 15th July
Record Label: FerryHouse Gold
Distributed by: Warner Music Europe

No comments:

Post a Comment