Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Manu Katche Fill

Manu

I was just watching this Manu Katche video on youtube

I particularly liked his fill at 1:44. I transcribed it, then came
back and watched the rest of the video (seems to be some instructional
thing). He goes on to play the song again in a more 'expansive' way.
It's interesting to note that the same fill crops up in that take too.
It just shows you that it's one that he likes and wasn't a random
thing that he came up with on the spot.

If you enjoy this content please spread the word. You can help by
clicking 'like' on my Facebook page, subscribing to my YouTube
channel, leaving comments, etc.
Thanks for your support,
Joe
FaceBook Drum Lessons on YouTube My Blog Subscribe via RSS Twitter

1 comment:

  1. I think the Katche video is a Zildjian promo they made for the launch of the "New" A Custom series. There's a continuous battle on Youtube with people posting it, then Zildjian taking it down. It's no fun because Zildjian won't re-release and lots of people want a copy. It seems like a lot of Katche stuff is hard to find here in America because he's French (if I remember correctly).

    I got to play on a set of A Customs in my studio last year - a great pleasure.

    Awesome site!

    -sheldon

    ReplyDelete