Wednesday, May 02, 2007

On the road...

I'm halfway into a Wishbone Ash UK tour. I had a prior booking with Pendragon headlining RoSfest in Philadelphia at the end of April so I had to fly out there for 4 days for that gig. Arrived back in the UK at 7am Tuesday morning and rejoined Wishbone Ash for a gig that evening. Plenty of traveling!

RoSFest was great. The gig went down really well. I had a great drum tech who helped get the kit set up just right. The monitor sound left something to be desired, but that always seems to be the case. I'm looking into in ear options as I write this - hoping to use them for the remainder of this tour. I'll post the results...

I got a new pair of 13" Hybrid K Zildjian hats from Sam Ash in Philly. They sound great and will probably replace my loud as fcuk K/Zs for most gigs and sessions. I also got an 11" hybrid K splash - the closest they had to a 12" K. I had one of those about 7 years ago. I leant it to a support band and they let their percussionist use it as a hand splash. They gave it back to me in 2 pieces!

No fixed plans for the summer yet. There are a few festivals and sessions booked in but I'm hoping to relax for a lot of it, maybe travel a bit.

That's all for now....

No comments:

Post a Comment